Creating effective marketing tools for your company is a big deal to me... Let's chat.
Graphic Designer with over 20 years experience working with advertising, publishing and marketing professionals seeks position requiring creativity, technical expertise, attention to detail and track record of exceeding customer expectations.
SKILLS, STRENGTHS AND SPECIFICS
- Computer Proficiency with Industry Standard Programs: QuarkXpress, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Dreamweaver on both Mac and PC platforms. Also working knowledge of Flash, HTML, CSS, Joomla, FileMakerPro, QuickBooks, Excel and Word.
- Project Management–from concept to print; thrive in fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment.
- Customer Relations Management–communication and dedication to quality, facilitate effective liaisons with customer/art department to achieve superior results and fulfill vision.
- Outsourcing Expertise–Negotiate and Contract with Outside Talent/Services (copywriters, photographers, printers, artists, etc.)
- Understanding of pre-press plate requirements for 4-color process, spot colors as well as dies, scores and varnishes.
- Ability to modify high-resolution graphics for online presentation utilizing CSS/HTML coding and photo optimization maintaining up-to-date guidelines for successful cross-platform browsing and efficient image downloads.
- Critical eye for approving blue-lines, matchprints and attending press checks.
- Photography Direction–in studio or on location.
Armstrong Graphic Design / Chico-Paradise, CA — www.ArmstrongGraphicDesign.com
Design/Production Freelancer – 2008-present
- Design and layout of quarterly OrangeCounty.com magazine. Responsible for all phases of publication working directly with editor through story boards and photo selection to final proofing with printer from self-generated print-ready pdf’s.
- Produce advertisements, self-mailers, forms and various marketing materials.
- Website design, updating and hosting.
Freedom Specialty Media / Orange County — Santa Ana, CA — www.FSMOC.com
Advertising Art Director/Custom Publishing – 2001-2008
- In-house advertising art director for 8 publications:
3 monthly, 4 quarterly and 1 annual.
- Responsible for producing ad materials, coordinating proofs, trafficking/flight checking, incoming camera-ready and integrating with editorial layout.
- Create promotional materials, media kits, newspaper advertisements and in-house stationery and forms.
- Assist with editorial design, photo toning/color enhancement.
- Prepare final files to print-ready pdf’s for printer.
Custom Publishing Art Director – 2001-2008
- Publication design for Preferred Destinations and for various specialty projects: Anaheim Ducks Championship Season Commemorative Booklet and Home Game Programs, Philharmonic House of Design, Oaks-Blenheim EquiSports, Pacific Symphony Summer Concert Series, Macy’s Home Christmas proposal
Studio 66, Tustin, CA – www.3nine.org
Assistant Art Director/Production Specialist – 1999-2001
- Worked directly with creative director in producing marketing materials, POP, trade-show graphics and hand-outs for various companies in surf and youth fashion industry.
- Assisted with producing all tags, catalogs and sales sheets for new clothing line “Gypsy Angel”
- Provided trade show assistance with booth building, set-up, tear-down, transport and storage fulfullment.
Graphic Concepts, Laguna Hills, CA
Owner/Partner – 1983-1999
- Responsible for initial set-up of 1200 sq. ft. office space, purchasing equipment for two typesetting stations, two artist/paste-up stations and a full-service dark room. Handled client relations, hiring, training and management of staff and freelancers as well as bookkeeping and negotiating with print and supply vendors.
- Industry changes in technology allowed converting business to a Mac-operated home office in 1993 and began using page-layout and imaging software: QuarkXpress and Photoshop.
Prior typography experience acquired at: Edgewood Press–Production Dept., Acorn Engineering–Marketing Dept., Bullock’s Department Stores–Advertising Dept., and McTighe Typesetting and Graphics
Freedom Communications — 2005 Recognition Award
Download resume as pdf